Embracing an early start to delicious Fall bakes with the easiest Cinnamon Spiced Baked Donuts. Light and airy homemade donuts flavored with hints of ground cinnamon and vanilla, baked to perfection, and coated lightly with cinnamon sugar. These are so easy to make, need only pantry staple ingredients, and requires very little hands on time. Simply make up the spiced batter, pipe it into pans, and bake until the donuts are puffed and golden. Coat each warm donut with cinnamon sugar and serve with your favorite cup of coffee. Truly the perfect way to start your day, enjoy as a sweet snack, or serve with dessert! SO GOOD.
About The Recipe
If there is one thing that we love more than anything in this family, it's donuts. They are little bites of fluffy, perfectly sweetened heaven. Add a little Fall/Autumn flare to the mix and you really have a winner!
That is exactly what these donuts are.
Though, I have to admit, there is really no reason you can't make these all year long. Cinnamon spiced anything is delicious no matter what color the leaves are or what the temperature is outside.
And, if you want it to feel like Fall, turn on your air conditioning and snuggle up with these donuts and a mug of cider.
But realistically, these donuts are ah-mazing for any time of year. You don't always need a chilly day to begin with the spiced bakes. Especially when they are as good (and easy!) as these!
- A Stand Mixer
- Pastry Brush
- Donut Pan
- Piping Bags
- Cake Tester
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
Beat together the butter and the sugar in a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Add in the egg and mix on medium-high until the egg is incorporated with the butter mixture.
Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk into the butter mixture. Make sure you begin and end with the flour.
Slowly stir in the vanilla.
Spoon the batter into a large piping bag and pipe into a greased donut pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until the donuts test done. While the donuts are baking, mix together cinnamon and sugar.
When the donuts finish baking, turn them out while they are still warm and coat the donuts with the cinnamon sugar.
Let the donuts cool and enjoy!
What To Serve With Cinnamon Donuts
How To Store
Once the donuts have cooled, you can easily store them in a large freezer safe bag, and keep them in either the freezer or fridge! They reheat so well and keep for months in the freezer.
Just set out onto the counter to let the donuts come to room temperature, or pop them into the microwave for a deliciously warm donut.
- Make sure the donuts are still warm when coating them with the cinnamon sugar! Once they cool, the sugar will not stick as well.
- This recipe freezes and reheats great!
- The donuts taste better at room temperature than hot.
When you make this Cinnamon Spiced Baked Donuts, leave a comment down below! We love hearing from you and answering any questions you might have! Also, be sure to tag us on social media and hashtag it #BakersTable.
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush donut pans with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a piping bag and pipe into donut pans, filling each about ½ way.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until donuts test done.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
To Put It Together:
- While the donuts are baking, make the topping.
- As soon as donuts come out of oven, remove them from pans and toss with cinnamon sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 Donut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g