The very best giant Soft Snickerdoodles for all of your baking needs. An easy homemade cookie that’s deliciously simple and pretty much the best buttery and cinnamon-y cookie ever! Trust me, they are so very good! Each cookie dough ball is hand rolled in a super simple cinnamon and sugar mixture and sprinkled with a little extra cinnamon before baking them to soft and chewy perfection. You can’t help but love these sweet cinnamon-y cookies. Each bite is slightly crisp on the edges with a a soft and warm center. These are truly the very best snickerdoodle cookies you will eat. Plus, they are so much thicker than a traditional cookie so… it makes them even better!
→ This post is also available as a Web Story: Snickerdoodles
About The Recipe
Cookies to kick off the second full week of February! Can you all believe we are already two months into 2021? Time this year seems to be flying by. And, somehow, this is the first traditional cookie post of this year! Two months in with no new cookie recipes… Well, we had to make it would be a good one.
So, here we are. Cookies on a Monday. But these cookies are extra special.
Yes, they are actually DELICIOUS. And I really mean seriously delicious, but what’s even better? They’re so easy to mix up, require little to no effort, and it’s still a cookie that’s soft, chewy on the inside, crisp on the outside, and like nothing you’ve ever had before!
I’ll be totally honest, too. Me and my mom have never had a snickerdoodle cookie until now! I know, shocking…but we’ve always gone for chocolate chip cookies or even an oatmeal cookie! I really haven’t ever actually seen a snickerdoodle outside of a movie or tv show. So, we decided to finally try some!
I can totally understand why people love them so much now. They’re sweet, cinnamon-y, fluffy, soft, chewy…just so good!
And I can’t even express just how easy they are to make. All you have to do is mix everything together, roll in some cinnamon and sugar, and bake until they’re golden brown.
Honestly. It’s that easy and they’re guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. I think the hardest part is gonna be sharing them…oh, and stopping eating after just one cookie!
- Sheet Pans
- Large Cookie Scoop
For The Cookies:
- Baking Powder
For The Topping:
In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer with the beater attachment.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Stir in the vanilla.
Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Be careful not to over mix!
Scoop out cookie dough with a large cookie scoop and roll in the cinnamon and sugar. Place six cookies per pan.
Bake the cookies at 375 for 15-18 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and beginning to crack.
How To Store
Once the cookies have cooled, you can place them in a lidded container or in a sealable bag. They can be left out on the counter for 5-7 days, or kept in the freezer for about 2 months.
What To Make With These Cookies
One of our favorite things to serve with these cookies is some classic vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce! They make a wonderful ice cream sandwich, honestly. But, you can really make anything with these delicious cookies.
- Get the butter and eggs out of the fridge a few hours prior to baking.
- Check the expiration date on the baking powder!
- Be careful not to over mix these cookies.
- If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can use a normal spoon to spoon out the cookie dough. Just try and get them as close as you can in size!
- You can sprinkle a little extra cinnamon and sugar on top of the cookies.
- The cookies will puff up and then drop slightly as they cool.
When you make these Easy Soft Snickerdoodles, leave a comment down below! We love hearing from you and answering any questions you might have! Also, be sure to tag us on social media and hashtag it #BakersTable.
Easy Soft Snickerdoodles
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture, being careful not to over mix.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out dough.
- Roll each scoop into a ball and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Place on prepared pan, leaving at least 3 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until done.
Tools You May Need (affiliate links)
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.