This Mixed Greens Steak Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette is definitely not your ordinary salad. Perfectly grilled or pan-seared steak tossed together with a tangy, delicious red wine vinaigrette, fresh mixed greens and lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, baby cucumbers, and finished with crumbled goat cheese. This salad is really simple to mix together, very colorful, super flavorful, actually filling, and it’s even healthy too! Enjoy this salad as a quick dinner and make sure to save the leftovers for lunch the next day. I think it’s actually pretty hard to find a salad as simple (and delicious!) as this steak salad. The best dinner to serve any night of the week and all summer long! SO. GOOD.
About The Recipe
It’s summer. Which means, it’s time to start eating right.. but eating right is not always the easiest thing to do. That’s where this super simple salad comes in! Made with the freshest of vegetables and packed full of protein and iron from the steak, there’s no way not to fall in love with this. Plus, it’s actually filling. That means no more eating dinner and then half an hour later your stomach is growling again.
Trust me, I should know! I’ve been eating this salad for years.
But, I haven’t always been making it for years. I first encountered this salad at, you guessed it, Walt Disney World.
One day, mom and I wandered into a restaurant called Skipper Cruise Canteen. If you’re a fan of Disney then you should know that this is the Jungle Cruise’s restaurant. To be totally honest, we had eaten in here before. I just never noticed a menu item called, “A Lot At Steak Salad” before.
And, yes. Everything in the restaurant is a pun.
So, I decided to try it. It didn’t sound bad and was super healthy.
My world was turned upside down! A salad had no right being this delicious.
The first thing I did when we got back home was attempt to recreate it. I changed a few things the first time, always improving it, and now I think I’ve reach the ultimate steak salad.
There’s something for everyone in this! Simple, easy summer veggies (but they can be found all year long!) and a super easy vinaigrette that compliments the salad, not fights it.
This all equals into a light, but filling and super delicious salad for everyone to enjoy!
- Mixing Bowls
- Knife and Cutting Board
- Grilled or Pan-Seared Steak
- Mix Greens/Lettuce
- Yellow or White Corn
- Baby Cucumbers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Goat Cheese
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
In a small jar (or glass bowl) mix together the red wine vinegar and the olive oil. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately.
How To Store
Leftovers can always seem to be complicated to deal with. Thankfully, this is super easy to store! After dinner, just transfer the leftover salad into an airtight container and keep in the fridge. I wouldn’t recommend leaving it more than 1-2 days at most. It will always be good the next day for a quick and healthy lunch, though!
- If you’re like me, tomatoes may not be your favorite thing. I love to substitute with red bell pepper. It adds a delicious and bright pop to the salad!
- No goat cheese or don’t like it? No problem! You can use feta or grate a little bit of parmesan on top.
- Avocado oil can be used in place of olive oil.
- You can use normal cucumbers instead of the baby cucumbers.
- If you want to make this recipe vegetarian, leave out the steak.
- To make this vegan, leave out the steak and replace the goat cheese with your favorite vegan cheese!
- Make sure to use fresh vegetables!
- We used lettuce we grew in the garden, but feel free to use store-bought.
- The carrot’s don’t have to be julienned, you can just chop them.
- This salad stores really well for lunch the next day.
When you make this Mixed Greens Steak Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette, leave a comment down below! We love hearing from you and answering any questions you might have! Also, be sure to tag us on social media and hashtag it #BakersTable
- 2 grilled steaks, sliced
- 4 cups mixed lettuce
- 1/4 cup fresh corn
- 1/2 cup sliced baby cucumber
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a small jar or bowl, combine the red wine vinegar and olive oil. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Chop and slice all ingredients.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss.
- Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 691Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 34g