This classic Homemade Apple Pie is made with a buttery flaky crust, stuffed full with homemade apple pie filling, and topped the same delicious crust. Finish with a light brushing of heavy cream and a sprinkle of decorative sugar, then bake to perfection for a truly delicious classic apple pie that’s just way more special than anything else! It’s truly so easy to make, tastes so much better than anything you can buy from the store or from a bakery, and it makes the house smell SO GOOD. Honestly, this pie couldn’t be more simple with it’s ingredients and looks, but the flavor is show-stopping! It’s a sweet treat that’s delicious any time of the year… but, it’s especially delicious during the Fall/Autumn days ahead! Serve with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of Chantilly cream, or all by itself. No matter what you do, this classic will always be a crowd favorite!
About The Recipe
We are finally sharing our Homemade Apple Pie recipe!
This has been something on our list to post since we started our blog, but figured there’s no better time than now to share something so comforting…especially now that apples are coming into season!
One of the first times I really remember making and eating this pie was my 14th birthday. I wanted an apple pie instead of a birthday cake… So, my mom whipped up this recipe and when the big day came, all of our friends begged for the recipe!
Seriously, when I say this is the best apple pie you’ll ever try, I mean it. There’s also just something so comforting and delicious about baking your very own.
And it’s really easy, too! Make the pie dough, add the filling, bake, serve. It’s that easy!
This pie is absolutely perfect for all of your Fall gatherings and baking needs.
- Food Processor
- 9 Inch Deep Dish Pie Plate
- Rolling Pin
- Parchment Paper
- Unsalted Butter
- Apple Pie Filling
In the largest bowl of the food processor, pulse together flour and salt.
Add butter 1 Tablespoon at a time, pulsing a few times between each addition.
Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together.
Divide the dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Take the dough from the fridge and roll both discs out onto separate lightly floured pieces of parchment. Set one aside.
Carefully place one dough into the pie pan and gently press it around to make it fit the pie plate.
Trim the excess dough and add the filling.
Place the other rolled out dough on top and press edges together. Trim the excess dough and cut slits into the top of the dough to allow steam to escape when baking. Brush lightly with cream and decorative white sugar.
Bake at 375 for 90 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Let cool slightly and serve!
What To Serve With This Apple Pie…
I think the great thing about apple pie is that it goes with literally anything! A Thanksgiving feast, by itself, or with some ice cream. But here is a small list of things that go really well with this pie.
- No-Cook Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chantilly Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Shoepeg Corn and Green Bean Casserole
- Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole with Roasted Marshmallows
How To Store
The best way to store this pie is to cover it with either foil or plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge few a few days. You can always reheat it in the microwave, but the crust won’t be as crisp.
- If the pie dough cracks when you’re rolling it, there wasn’t enough water added and you’ll have to make it again.
- Be careful not to fold the dough on itself when pressing it to the pan!
- The cuts in the top of the dough can be as big, small, or decorative as you want.
- Feel free to re-roll any excess dough and cut them out into shapes to decorate your pie with.
- We used our Homemade Apple Pie Filling for this recipe.
- Baking times may vary for the pie. Keep an eye on it!
When you make this Homemade Apple Pie, leave a comment down below and/or give this recipe a rating! We love hearing from you and answering any questions you might have! Also, be sure to tag us on social media and hashtag it #BakersTable.
Homemade Apple Pie
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅛ cups unsalted butter, cold
- 6-8 Tablespoons water
- 8 cups apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse together flour and salt.
- Add butter, 1 Tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition.
- Add water, 1 Tablespoons at a time, pulsing after each addition, until dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half.
- Wrap each half in plastic wrap, flatten into a disc, and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Roll out dough, one piece at a time.
- Place one piece of dough into pie pan and gently press it to fit.
- Trim edges.
- Add filling to crust.
- Top with second crust.
- Press edges together.
- Trim excess dough.
- Using a sharp knife, make slits in top of pie to allow steam to escape.
- Brush top of pie with heavy cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet and put in oven.
- Bake for 90 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.